Friday, March 11, 2011

Assignment #1: A Bit About Me

    My name is Meredith Rodriguez. I'm 25 and am married to my high school sweetheart. I have been teaching 3rd grade for the past three years, and, while parts of this teaching experience have been enjoyable, I have found it to be rather challenging! I love my students, though, and greatly desire to see them grow spiritually as well as academically. One aspect of teaching that I find especially appealing is watching "the light bulb go on." Seeing my students grapple with, understand, and use new concepts is very rewarding and spurs me on to become a better teacher. I also enjoy listening to their many, many questions and then challenging them with questions of my own.

    I am not too terribly comfortable with technology. Usually, I use computers to search for information, check email/facebook, write parent letters, and papers. I use the internet to look for lesson plan ideas, classroom management and set up suggestions, educational articles, and field trip information. I rarely use scanners and digital cameras, and other computer peripherals. I am a little nervous about taking this educational technology class because I am not the fastest learner when it comes to using technology. However, after viewing the syllabus, I am looking forward to learning how to create a webquest and becoming more familiar with technological tools.

1 comment:

  1. High or low tech, you are a teacher. That flannelgraph presentation was awesome!

    ReplyDelete